Convention Center Expansion
The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is in the heart of Orlando’s tourism corridor, and just a short drive from Orlando International Airport (MCO). With a focus on connectivity, the OCCC is directly linked to four hotels with a system of pedestrian bridges and within walking distance of hundreds of other nearby guestrooms — and it never stops improving.
Orange County Convention Center: Enhancing Amazing
When your convention center is already one of the best, how do you make it even better? At the OCCC, the answer is more space, more connectivity and more versatility. The coming years will elevate the OCCC into an even more dynamic and sought-after venue, including the following enhancements:
- North-South Building Expansion: Expected to open in late 2023, this project includes the new Convention Way Grand Concourse and Multipurpose Venue. These additions will bring additional space and more options for delivering top-notch events.
- Convention Way Grand Concourse: This enclosed connection between the North and South concourses will include 60,000 square feet of additional meeting space, plus an 80,000-square-foot ballroom with grand entrance to the North-South building along Convention way.
- Multipurpose Venue: This 200,000-square-foot, flexible, divisible, column-free space will feature a combination of retractable and floor seating to accommodate contiguous exhibit space or 18,000-20,000 seated guests while incorporating connectivity between the North and South concourses.
- Wellness Rooms: Providing dedicated, private space that can be used for nursing mothers, meditation, prayer and more, these rooms will be outfitted with a chair and table to ensure your attendees’ comfort. Three are complete with three more coming soon.
- Networking Spaces: Good for informal gatherings and meetings, these areas will also provide basic charging and connectivity capabilities.
- Dedicated Rideshare Pickup/Dropoff Locations: These new locations, which are easily identifiable using the unique OCCC-developed rideshare logo and banners, make it easier for attendees to know where to catch their ride.
- Dressing Room Behind Valencia Ballroom D: This space has been updated and equipped with all-new flooring, bathroom design and lighting, the latter of which can be adjusted to different LED colors to give performers a realistic visual for how they will look on stage in various light settings.
Featuring 2.1 million square feet of exhibit space, the country’s second-largest convention center also offers 1,100 access points to its wireless network.
Center of Everything
The OCCC boasts a vast number of nearby hotel rooms, including nearly 5,200 connected directly to the center by covered walkway bridges, making Orlando one of the most connected cities. More than 7,300 additional rooms can be found within a 1-mile radius of the Center — and that number expands to 17,000 rooms by widening the radius to just 2 miles.
These accommodations are all in key retail, dining and entertainment districts, providing an extraordinary range of choices representing a diverse spectrum of price points.
Walkability to more than 42 hotels and 75-plus world-class restaurants and 100-plus unique experiences within a 2-mile radius only adds to the OCCC’s appeal. Our ability to provide attendees with endless after-hours options in the safe and walkable convention district is one of the key reasons so many organizations choose us for their events.
In the convention district, your group can feast on an array of dining options ranging from casual to upscale; unwind with exciting entertainment choices like live music, sleek lounges and even a bar made entirely of ice; and experience some of the world’s most thrilling attractions. In short, your attendees will never run out of things to do in Orlando — and they’ll never have to go far to enjoy the infinite possibilities!